Friday, March 4, 2016

Technique of the Week: Texture With Templates by Marj Marion


by Marj Marion
It’s fun to use various pastes to create texture with your templates!
Here’s how I made this card:
First I created a green gate fold A-2 card and set it aside.
Next, I sponged Distress inks on a white panel, using Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint.
After drying the inks, I taped down Magenta TM 27a template on the inked panel, and sponged more of the same inks through the template.
Next, I randomly stamped Magenta 07.916 O through just some of the open leaves of the template using Black Versafine Ink, and dried the ink with a heat tool.
I then cleaned the template, taped it down, and randomly applied Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste through some of the template openings. I dried the paste before proceeding.
I cut the decorated panel into two rectangles, layered them onto rust panels, and adhered them to the folded flaps of the card.
Lastly, I wrapped the card with a rust colored ribbon. The recipient will slip the ribbon closure off the card to open.
Try a variety of embossing pastes with your templates to create great texture!

Materials Used:
Magenta TM27 Template Floral Background Trio
Magenta Stamp 07.916.O Script
Distress Ink: 
Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, 
Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Bundled Sage & Peeled Paint
Dreamweaver Stencil Paste
Onyx Black Versafine Ink
White, Green and Rust cardstock & Rust ribbon


2 comments:

  1. very beautiful card, as always, Marj; the design and techniques used really make it all work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit us again soon.