Monday, February 8, 2016

Another Way to use Nuance!

We LOVE Nuance powdered dye at Art 'n Soul!!  With Valentine's Day approaching, I was inspired to use the Nuance colors of Scarlet, Red, Mauve, Raspberry and Hot Pink, along with a Heart Die I purchased at a Recycled Rubber Sale.


There are several ways to apply Nuance.  In this sample, I dampened the watercolor paper, then sprinkled the colors of Nuance listed above.  I sprayed the Nuance with water containing some pearl colored Perfect Pearls. 

Oops!  I learned the hard way to be careful when spraying the panel.
I "decorated" two stamps with the over spray!  Whenever I see these stamps,
I'll remember this Valentine project! But, aren't they lovely? Ha!



When I first started the project, I actually worked on a full sheet of 8.5' x 11" watercolor paper so I could make multiple cards.  Here you see a half sheet, on which I stamped Magenta Flourish 40.188 K in random fashion with Versamark ink, and embossed the designs with Judikins Opaque White embossing powder.


I die cut several hearts, making extras for another project. You can use any heart die, or hand cut them with scissors.

by Marj Marion

To finish the card, I put small amounts of the same colors of Nuance in a  little palette and used a small paint brush to flick some splatters of coordinating colors on my card.  I stamped Magenta 07.731 I using Archival Ink Deep Purple. Lastly, I adhered my Nuance die cut hearts on the card.  I hope you will enjoy trying some Nuance die cuts on your next card!!  If you haven't purchased Nuance yet, be sure to put it at the top of your list.......it is So much fun to play with!

You still have plenty of time to submit something for the Art 'n Soul Nuance contest! All you need to do is a card or other artwork using Magenta's fabulous Nuance. We would also love it if the other things you use are something we carry, if possible. You have until February 25th, and you can win a $10 gift certificate to Art 'n Soul. Please bring us your creations!

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit us again soon.