Friday, January 20, 2017

Technique of the Week: Another Great Storage Idea from Marj Marion

I think arranging and RE-arranging the stamps and dies in your craft space is part of the fun of the art form!  But, sometimes, a frustrating scenario provides the motivation to figure out a better storage solution.



I LOVE word and message stamps, and have collected a lot of them over the years. I keep them in an acrylic box frame turned upside down (minus the cardboard filler) to form a tray. I have the tray mounted under my desk surface for handy access. However, many of the stamps are narrow, and always seem to tip over, flop around, and drive me crazy. So…….I dreamed up a low-cost solution.

I also seem to have a “generous” stash of 12”x12” card stock. :)  I measured the width of my “box frame tray”, and trimmed my card stock to fit snugly in the width of the tray.
Then, I started scoring the card stock with horizontal lines, creating “channels” to store the stamps.  Some channels were narrow to accommodate my skinniest stamps, and some a little wider, and I came up with about three basic sizes of channels for my stamps.

Each channel was separated by two 3/4” scored sections, which when folded and glued together, formed the upright “dividers” between each channel. You can use a good glue stick, or your ATG tape, or Scor Tape to adhere the folded divider sections together.




As I continued to form channels, I glued another piece of trimmed card stock to the back edge of the first one, to create enough length of my paper to create the divider system to fit in my tray. It only took about one and a half sheets of 12”x12” paper to make the entire paper divider system. You can use any tray or box that works for you.  I didn’t provide measurements, because your stamps and/or tray will most likely be different than mine.


Note: I am changing lot of my message stamps from wood to cling style, and if there is a message that “always” goes with one of my cling images, then I convert that message to cling.  But, I still like a lot of my message stamps on wood, and my new system is working well.

I think most of us are “visual learners”, so I will bring in a smaller, “mock-up” tray with a divider to the store if you would like to see it in person and decide if this storage idea will work for you.


GREAT NEWS! WE ARE HAVING A VALENTINE PROMOTION, FEATURING NEW MAGENTA VALENTINE STENCILS!

As the Magenta Retailer of the year, we are getting 12 free stencils (4 each of 3 new Heart stencils) to use as a promotion for you. 

Beginning Saturday, January 21st, anyone who comes into the shop and spends at least $30.00 pre tax*, will receive a free new Magenta stencil, as long as supplies last. *purchase must be in-stock merchandise, and/or merchandise that Art ’n Soul has ordered, but not yet received. Must be new purchases as of January 21st, and you will receive your stencil at the time of your purchase (or as soon as it comes I'm with our order). MANY THANKS TO MAGENTA FOR THESE FUN PRIZES!

NOW THAT INVENTORY IS ALMOST OVER:
We have recently sent orders to Magenta, Memory Box/Poppy, and our largest distributor, so we have lots and lots of new things coming into the shop very soon! Our Magenta shipment should be there on Monday or Tuesday! If you have a pink sheet order, you will be called when the order is in. We are re-stocking on all of the Nuance colors, so hurry in for best selection.

We can't tell you for sure when Memory Box or Notions will come in, but we hope it will be soon. Again, if you ordered something on a pink sheet, you will receive a call when your items are received. Otherwise, please stay tuned to these emails, our blog and our Facebook page for updates on what is being received and when.

From Memory Box/Poppy, we will be getting in lots of Valentine dies, as well as a few Easter things, and other dies in their new January release.

From Notions we will be getting in lots of things, including Distress crayon kits 6 and 7; restocking on all of the Distress inks in large pads, minis and re-inkers; Yupo paper, alcohol inks, adhesives and much much more! 

Stay tuned to this blog, our emails and our Facebook page for updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit us again soon.